Lifestyle9 Score : 5.64
- Probably it might be the first time you ever heard about this country. But seriously, don’t over look it. This country is located in the southern central Europe. To be more precise, it’s located between the famous countries Italy and Croatia.
- People of Slovenia are most welcoming. You can expect to see the friendly faces and high level of hospitality throughout the entire country. I am sure, as an expat you wouldn’t have even a single bad experience in this country.
- Population in Slovenia comes only around 2 million. As I pointed out earlier, people of Slovenia are so good. So it’s no wonder, how this country has ridiculously a low crime rate.
- This country offers spectacular sceneries, Predjama castle, Lake bled, Postojna caves are just few of them. The one you seen in the picture that is stuck in the sides of mountain is Predjama castle. Even the cities and houses boast the architectural beauty. They are all picturesque.
- However the storms in Slovenia is the only thing that bothers the people over here. Luckily, these storms are not as bothersome as the storms we can expect to face in England.
- The clouds in Slovenia are usually heavy, black and rolling. Thunders and lightning are bit scary. The rain, that can emerge out of no where and can completely soak you in seconds. But these does not known to make any harms so far.You will get used to it. Later on you will start to feel its weather so refreshing.
- This country offers better life style, high level of happiness, education, jobs and better work life balance. It has established a solid economy, decent earnings, stable government and fairly safe disaster risk management systems. So what else you can expect from a country to make into the list of best countries to live in?
Lifestyle9 Score : 5.65
- Belgium produces the world class chocolates. It has an interesting mix of history and culture.
- Most of the Belgians are multilingual and multicultural. This country has 3 languages as their national language.
- Their healthcare system is recognized as one of the best health care systems in the world. It offers world class medical care at the lowest prices to all of its citizens.
- Belgium has a sound transport system. You can easily move around the Belgium through any mode of transportation. Its roads, railways, and waterways are known as the densest in the world.
- Americans, Japanese, French and many other expats can find their own cultural associations. Apart from being the informational resources, they offer excellent supportive mechanisms to all newcomers.
- According to the international surveys, Belgium is one of the most peaceful countries to live in the world.
Lifestyle9 score – 5.69
- Spain attracts millions of tourists every year which ultimately brings billions of Euros to the nation’s Economy. It crowned as the 3rd most visited country in the year 2014.
- Spain is ranked in 3rd position for having maximum number of World Heritage Sites (44).
- The world famous dance of Spain “Flamenco” is declared as one of “Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity“.
- Spain holds the pride of producing some of the world’s best wine. If you are a tourist, you can notice a Spanish friend who will sip beer in the afternoon and go for wine at dinner time. The culture can be related to bar-hopping and another vital drink is the Spanish coffee having a peculiar taste.
- Football is a religion” in Spain and the National team has won every International title and League tournaments.
- “La Tomatina” festival attracts tourists from every nook and corner of the world. The special day falls on the last Wednesday of the month of August. On the streets of Bunyol, you will see a food-fight of one-hour duration” where tomatoes are specifically grown for the sole purpose of participating in this festival. However, there are rules and every participant has to adhere to them.
- Some of the famous painters from Spain are El Greco and Diego Velazquez, Salvatore Dali, Juan Gris, Joan Miro and Pablo Picasso.
Lifestyle9 score – 5.76
- If you look into the pages of history, Sang Nila Utama, who is considered as the founder of modern Singapore, saw Temasek island’s shape resembling a lion and named the place as ‘Singapura’ or, in other words, the “Lion City”. In due course of time, Singapura became Singapore and the name has remained ever since.
- Singapore’s Changi Airport has been recognized as one of the best ‘International Airports’ by many organizations and institutions.
- One of the world’s best zoological attractions in this country is Singapore Zoo and Night Safari. This small country has achieved the rare distinction of having the highest number of millionaire households in the world. The country is hot and its population density can be rated as one of the highest in the world. The majority of the population are foreigners and in recent times, the cost of living has risen.
There are a few noteworthy accomplishments namely:
- It finds its place among the top five financial centers and ports of the world.
- It has policies for a clean environment. Moreover, it has carved a place once again amongst the top five countries in the Environmental Performance Index.
Other prominent facts are as follows:
- In casino gambling, it has secured the second place.
- It is a home to some of the best oil refining corporations and has a major dock/port for repair of ships.
- Singapore finds its place as one of the top logistics centres. It possesses an exemplary educational system.
- It is entitled the best country by the World Bank, in 2012, where you could do/start any business with ease.
- Buddhism is the major religion followed by Christianity, Islam and other religions. Its Universities – National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University find their place in the Top 50 Institutions of the world.
Lifestyle9 score – 5.93
- Similar to UAE, United Kingdom is a combination of four countries – England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
- This country is famous for its famous old buildings, River Thames and a Parliament comprising of House of Lords and House of Commons.
- Some of the other major tourist attractions are Big Ben (Great Bell in the Elizabeth clock tower), Jewel Tower, Windsor Castle, Buckingham Palace and The Royal Observatory in Greenwich.
Lifestyle9 score – 6.03
- Research and development constitute a major role in the economy. The majority of Germany’s scientists have won the Nobel Prize in the Science category. Mainly physics, physiology, chemistry or medicine.
- Germany, popularly known as the Federal Republic of Germany is a prominent country in Western-Central Europe. It comprises of 16 separate States, known as “Länder.” The largest city and capital of Germany is Berlin.
- Apart from being, the largest population bearing country in the European Union, it is also the most favored nation for expatriates next to United States.
- In the world market, Germany has a workforce of high skills, less corruption, a high degree of innovation and large capital stock.
- Reputed brands in Germany, which have attained international fame, are BMW, Volkswagen, Siemens, Audi, Adidas, Bayer, Nivea, Bosch and Mercedes-Benz. Most of Germany’s industries are concentrated on small, medium scale enterprises, commonly and popularly known as the Mittelstand model.
- The most popular sport in Germany is Association Football. The National Football team won the FIFA World Cup in the years 1954, 1974, 1990 and 2014. The other famous titles they won were the UEFA European Championships in 1972, 1980 and 1996. The country had the rare honor of hosting the FIFA World Cup in 1974 and 2006. Germany is one of the leading countries in motor-sports and its world famous drivers are Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel.
- Some of the world famous events in Germany are the Oktoberfest (people gather to enjoy beer, food and German culture). Germany is well admired for its delicious cuisines. It is a place, where people relish both wine and beer with their food.
Lifestyle9 score -6.19
- When the economic crisis hit Europe, you won’t believe, it had gone down only by 0.1%, in Austria. This factor alone is enough to declare, Vienna is immune to the crisis”. So if you are into any business, investing in Vienna would be a profitable option.
- Vienna is a historic, economic, cultural and political center of Austria. It has secured the highest per capita GDP when compared to all other cities in the world.
- The population is around 1.731 million (Vienna alone).
- The average net income of people is €19,769 per year (in Vienna).
- The average age of people comes around 43.4 years.
- In 2010,Vienna received the urban planning award from United Nations.
- The main reason was that people of Vienna have managed to transform its old infrastructure into modern homes, in a short span of time.
- Through the multimillion-dollar program, Vienna has renovated nearly 5000 buildings with more than 250,000 apartments.
- Vienna is often referred as “The City of Music” & “The City of Dreams”.
- Nearly 5 million tourists from all over the world visit Austria every year.
- It is the world’s most chosen place for conducting conferences.
- In Austria,90% of people claim that they are satisfied with their housing and basic facilities.
- Schönbrunn Palace, located in Vienna, Austria is famous for its numerous rooms (1441) and is one of the major tourist attractions of the world. The history of the palace dates back to 300 years.
- People of Austria manage to save $28852 per head, on an average, annually. This figure is higher than the OECD’s average of $23047.
- Austria has the best schooling system and it promises high-class education to all its pupils.
- Apart from being a well-developed country, it is a great pick for International tourism too.
- Austria is reported to be one of the richest countries in the world. Not only Austria is rich but is also the home to biggest industry firms.
- It is the only European continental country that has not joined the NATO.
- Till the year 2012, the country had the distinction of having 19 Nobel Prize laureates.
Lifestyle9 score – 6.2
- Canada is regarded as one of the best countries to live in the world because of its exceptional factors like high rate of life satisfaction, lower murder rates and wide cultural diversity acceptance.
- There exists a strong correlation between this country’s reputation and its intent to visit. As Canada tops this reputation, its tourism industry has generated more than $81.9 billion over the last year.
- Canada has ranked high in its unique old age pension programs and health care system. In fact, this country is regarded as The 5th best country to see yourself grow old. If you are a Canadian, you are lucky indeed.
- At present, 14.9% of the total Canadian population is aged over 65. This rate is anticipated to get doubled in the next 25 years.
- With highly equipped healthcare system, newborn Canadian kids can enjoy a life up to or more than 81 years on an average.
- According to the reports, Canada is the 14th biggest economy in the world. Thus, making it one of the wealthiest nations as well.
- Like other developed countries, the Canadian financial system is dominated by its service industry – employing around 3-quarter of Canadians.
- People who are living here are often mocked for apologizing. They never hesitate to ask for pardon when they commit mistakes. This characteristic multiplies the happiness and even strengthens of their relationship.
- Roughly, 64% of Canadians donate their money to charities.
- Canadians have a lower unemployment rate.
- As far as the banking sector is concerned, they have outstanding services.
- Canadian sons/daughters earn twice as high as their parents do. Thus, providing a good income ladder to its citizens. For example, children born to poor parents can quickly raise their positions and they rarely die as poor.
- Canada also offers high rate of life satisfaction to its citizens. The reason behind it is that this nation has a minimal number of suicidal rates.
- Statistics says that Canadians make more than 10 million overseas trips every year. Now, this clearly states their luxury and economical freedom.
- Canada is also regarded as one of the most peaceful countries in the world.
- Canadians make a lead in quantum computing, medical discoveries, space science and technology.
Lifestyle9 Score : 6.21
- This small Island is located exactly in the mid of Atlantic ocean. It is blessed with remarkable scenery and, of course, the amazing people.
- Being a small country in size, it has made some significant contributions to the world’s culture, science, and technology.
- It is the only nation that keeps a musical instrument as their national symbol.
- This Island is so small and is so green. Since the animals and plants utilize the best food, water and light available here, their food tastes way better than it does in any other country. So if you want to enjoy some super healthy, super tasty food, plan a trip to Ireland.
- Ireland is like a home to Golf hence it takes the pride of producing many best golfers in the world.
- Ireland has many numbers of restored, not seen anywhere castles in the world.
Lifestyle9 score – 6.24
- Finland is highly industrialized. It is often said to be maintaining an economy equal to Sweden, United Kingdom, Germany and France.
- Finland is greatly admired for its trade and manufacturing industries. In fact, it is one of the leading manufacturers of machinery, equipment, electronics, metals and chemicals.
- Finland offers great education system in which students hardly fail in their academics. The literacy rate in Finland is 100%. Your fingers are enough to count the Finland’s academic failures.Finns have done well in the recent years. According to OECD’s PISA report, “Finnish children are the best readers in the world.”,
- Finns are fond of enjoying their holidays with nature. Over 80% of families have at least one lake and a summer cottage. At present, total number of lakes in Finland, count over 187,888. And even if a day comes when the whole world runs out of drinking water, Finns will still stay safe and never face any water issues.
- When compared to other nations in the world, Finnish people own the highest number of email addresses and mobile phones per head.
- Finland offers up to 90 days of maternity leave for mothers. It is a nation with lower infant death rates.
- Finland has an excellent public transportation system. You will be astonished to read that all their transport vehicles are punctual by seconds.There is a rare delay and that too of only a few seconds. Well, they do value time!
- People of Finland enjoy a great life quality too. High life expectancies, healthy work and life balance, excellent literacy rates, low corruption levels and wide access to health care system are few attributes that have made Finland hit my list of top 15 best countries to live in 2015.
- Besides being the country with the highest number of metal bands, it is also known for its population drinking large amount of coffee.
- We all know, December month in a year is famous for Santa Claus. But a few know that there is a Real Santa, Mrs. Santa and Little Elves in a Santa Claus Village. Will you believe it? The village has a post office where millions of letters are received, and Santa’s Little Helpers reply to the concerned people.